As a dedicated member of SAIF (Society of Allied and Idependant Funeral Directors) Gary Staker Funeral Services follows a strict Code of Practice and ensures that we provide the best possible service to our families.
One of the benefits of being a SAIF member is that it provides free and confidential advice and guidance for funeral directors and their staff either on the telephone or via email. SAIF Bereavement Care is provided by Professional Help Limited and is an organisational member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and a similar, confidential service is available for our current and previous clients.
SAIF Bereavement Care provides a range of services to bereaved people over the age of 18, including:
- A Freephone telephone helpline (0800 917 7224) which is open from 9am – 9pm, Monday – Friday. The friendly and supportive helpline staff are available to offer information, advice and a listening ear.
- Email support and information via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Up to 6 free sessions of supportive counselling by telephone, Skype/facetime or face to face in your local area by skilled and qualified counsellors.
When to seek help
It is normal to feel a range of different emotions following a bereavement, however, you may want to consider a little extra support if you experience any of the following:
- Difficulty coping with intense feelings
- Feeling unusually tired, confused or unable to concentrate
- Feeling numb or empty some time after the death
- Nightmares or difficulty sleeping
- Your relationships are suffering badly
- Constantly feeling angry or irritated
- Smoking, drinking or taking medication or other drugs more than usual
- Your work attendance or performance is suffering
If you feel like you would like to speak to someone from SAIF Bereavement Care or would like more information then call us at our Monkseaton Office 0191 252 3635 or Shiremoor Office 0191 253 2529